Thursday, May 20, 2010

This is just a dream, this isn't real. This is just a dream

Hush now baby, baby, dont you cry.
Mother's gonna make all your nightmares come true.
Mother's gonna put all her fears into you.” – Pink Floyd

Dreams are funny things. They can put a smile on your face as you wake up from them or they can leave you in a panic as you fight to wake up. I usually don’t have dreams per say, not the nice ones at least. The best way I can describe it is as visions or a sense of future déjà vu.

I think I constantly find myself doing is looking at planes go over me and wonder will this be the day I see one go down. As terrible and horrific as it sounds, I have had that dream. Standing outside of my house and 1st hearing the plane then looking up to see smoke and fire and the plane getting lower and lower. I always think the same think: Don’t rush, try to gauge where the plane will go down, gather up my family head the opposite way, call 911, get my cell phone out and start recording….well I might as well get paid for the footage. Most people have hurricane preparedness plans and even zombie apocalypse plans (I have one of those), I have a “Oh shit, a plane is crashing plan”.

I do not know of the psychology of what you dream. If you dream that you see yourself die, will you die? Of course, we all do at sometime or another and yes I have seen myself die in my dreams and of course one of them was by a plane crashing on top of me. Is our subconscious trying to tell us something? The dreams I hate the most involve my kids, those are the ones that I struggle and fight to wake up from and those are truly nightmares.

On a couple of occasions I will see something happening and get a sense of déjà vu and I feel that I saw before in my sleep. Now I wouldn’t go as far as saying that I am the drugged out painter from the 1st season of Heroes, but I get that vibe sometimes. I have told myself many of times that I need to have a pen and paper by my bed to jot down what I saw in my dreams since I tend to remember them vividly when I 1st wake up. But as quick as I get up they start to fade, especially the good dreams, the nightmares tend to last a little longer.

I guess a bad back can be a blessing and a curse, since I can only sleep for a few hours at a time before the pain sets in and I have to start with the tossing and turning to get comfortable.

Hopefully tonight I dream of the lotto and I remember to jot down to 6 little numbers.

Sweet Dreams!

3 comments:

  1. "Oh shit a plane is gonna crash plan" now that's a new one! And smart, too. After that piece of plane landed 100 feet away from my job 2 months ago I developed one of those evacuation plans for myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. That is what I thought also.

    ReplyDelete